Cut the cable.

The times and technologies are getting closer to an all on demand entertainment interfaced life.

I have had a Roku box for over a year now and was very surprised how many new channels are now available.
We have had Netflix set up on the Roku since we first bought it and I tried Hulu for a while, but I didn’t really think there was much more available.

I found out that there are hundreds of new streaming channels out there now, quite a few free ones also.
I stumbled onto HBOGO and found out that since I have a subscription through Dish TV, I can get HBOGO for free through my Roku box. While I was setting up the HBO feature on the Roku box I found the “ Channel Store” search feature on the Roku that I really wasn’t even aware was there. I also found free showtime shows were also available.

It looks like that more and more channels will be showing up on Roku and other set-top boxes to the point where you will be able to get all your programing from them. There are four big internet boxes out there now, Roku, Boxee, Apple TV and Google TV.

Internet box TV technology is maturing and gaining popularity. The only problem I can see with it is the big cable and satellite companies will probably find a way to stop the progress, as is already happening with
Boxee clashing with cable companies over FCC encryption regulations. There is a lot of big money in getting entertainment content to your TV set.

So stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiless?

Web.com and Network Solutions, the Walmart of the internet.

MSOffice vs Libreoffice