Raspberry Pi sound





Finally decided to do something with my Raspberry Pi.  Made a desktop to put it the den. Normally I use a composite monitor, but I decided to use a VGA monitor with an HDMI to VGA adapter. Unfortunately the adapter did not support sound, so I had to use the standard analog audio adapter.

Well I hooked everything up and everything was working but the sound. Hmmm. The sound worked before. Did a bit of research and found I had to use a utility to change the default sound output.

$ sudo raspi-config

 You want to choose advanced options, then


 The you want to choose the audio option, then


And then lastly choose the output device desired.


Wow, the sound worked again. By the way I used xrdp to remote into the rpi to make screen capture easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiless?

Web.com and Network Solutions, the Walmart of the internet.

MSOffice vs Libreoffice