A thought about linux.

The one thing, I like about linux is that it is on so many hardware platforms. Source code can easily in most cases used on all the platforms. Also known as portability of code. That gives you a lower cost of software and it's support.

Another company that used to brag about its return on investment (aka ROI) has fallen silent on the subject. I can still run up to date software on my older machines via linux and bsd without in most cases getting new hardware. That is great for keeping it IT budget controllable. Now that 32 bit systems are being phased out that may not be so true, but I can keep cranking a bit longer with my so called obsolete systems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiless?

Web.com and Network Solutions, the Walmart of the internet.

MSOffice vs Libreoffice