Silver bullet media casting.

Actually what I am talking about is the Google Chromecast. Chromecast allows you to throw the video or other media from the Nexus 7 to an hdmi enabled device such as a newer tv or monitor. So now you can attach a larger monitor to your nexus 7 via wifi and the Chromecast. Setup is fairly easy and you should be able to do it all via the Nexus 7 using the Chrome browser with internet access. You will also need the Chromecast app from the Playstore to be installed.  I now carry the Chromecast and a specially setup router with me. Make sure that is the router is only set up to take the mac addresses or special identification of the devices to connect to the router. Also use wpa2 or better wifi encryption. Not completely secure but not half bad.

Personally wish I had had it when I was teaching. For home media, I would probably prefer to use the Raspxbmc or the like.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiless?

Web.com and Network Solutions, the Walmart of the internet.

MSOffice vs Libreoffice