Arduino

Really feel for Mr. Banzi and the fact that everyone is making their own version of the Arduino. You can get the bare  chips and make your own. You can get the boards as low as ten dollars even at a retail outlet. Had a spare ethernet board I bought from Radio shack on sale. So when I saw a compatible board for only ten dollars, I had to get it.

The main reason, I wanted this version of the board is that I have some Arduino chips that that can be plugged and played on the board versus the surface mounted versions which will not plug and play.

For those systems that need acm

$ sudo apt-get install hal
$ sudo usermod -a -G tty $USER
$ sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER

Speaking the Arduino, they have a newer IDE. When I downloaded a recent version, I had problems. The one I downloaded today seems to work. Tested the new Arduino board and the extra ethernet board we had. Seemed to work. The page for the new software is: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

One thing I like about the new ide is that if gives you a basic form to start with, which saves time. In fact you cut and paste the minimal code in the old ide software/




void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}
Time to go back and work on the Sous vide project.

The Nexus 7 has a neat little ide also. connects via usb and otg cable.  http://www.instructables.com/id/Nexus-7-and-the-Arduino/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guiless?

Web.com and Network Solutions, the Walmart of the internet.

MSOffice vs Libreoffice